When we talk about art services, the world is surrounded by the most exotic and antique art pieces. These are ancient historical works of art that date back to previous centuries. One of the glorious facts about the famous museums and art exhibits is that they are spread all over the world and are equally magnificent, elaborate and beautiful. Each piece of art takes away one’s breath and shines in all its glory.
Here are some of the most famous museum exhibits in the world that are sure to mesmerize you and leave an everlasting impact after the visit.
- Le Louvre, Paris, France. It ranges back to medieval history and was originally a palace for kings and empires which gradually got converted to a museum. Its antique collection is one of the most famous art exhibits in the entire world. It houses the great works of Leonardo Da Vinci’s “Mona Lisa”, the “Venus de Milo” and the “Regent (considered to be the first diamond in the world).” It is the largest museum in the world with over 70000 pieces of art.
- Museum of Art in New York. The most popular museum in the United States with millions of visitors every year, this museum holds over 2 million pieces of art which span over 5000 years from ancient Egypt to Europe’s classics and America’s modern work. It houses the works of Botticelli, Rembrandt, Vermeer, and other luminaries.
- The Acropolis Museum, Athens, Greece. This is the museum with the most stunning ground floor gallery, with a transparent glass floor that provides a walk over history. Athens is believed to be the oldest city in the world and holds great historical importance.
- National Museum Of China, Beijing, China. It technically comes at number 2, with 7.6 million visitors in 2014. Visitors can explore modern and ancient Chinese history with Neolithic treasures like jade carvings and jade dragon from 6000- 5000 BC.
- British Museum. This museum in London is a museum of human history and culture. Its collection consists of more than 7 million objects and is the most comprehensive and elaborate in the world. It documents and depicts the story of human culture right from the beginning till the end ranging across all continents. Being one of the top destinations in London, this museum surely is a sight to behold.
- Uffizi Gallery. Uffizi Gallery in Florence, Italy is housed in the Palazzo degli Uffizi which was constructed in the 16th century. It houses the collection of Renaissance paintings and sculptures of classical antiquity. There are often long lines of visitors even before the museum doors open.
- Hermitage Museum, Saint Petersburg, Russia is a massive museum of art and culture with more than 3 million artefacts across the globe. It consists of works of Michelangelo, Reuben, Da Vinci, and more prominent artists. The items are displayed in a huge exhibition in six historic buildings including the Winter Palace which was a former residence of Russian Emperors.
- Museum of Modern Art. Located in Manhattan, New York City is considered the most influential museum with a collection of best pieces of modern art like Monet’s Water Lilies, Picasso’s works and Van Gogh’s Starry nights. Besides such an extravagant exhibition, the building itself is an attraction amongst the tourists.
If you get a chance in your lifetime, do not miss out on the opportunity to visit these museums and the exhibition showcase they have put on for you and your family! These museums offer you a chance to become indulged in both art and history, it’s a tremendous feeling.